Seismic Zoning (Detailed) (DSR): A method of seismic zoning used to determine potential seismic impacts, including engineering terms, on specific existing and planned structures, territories of settlements, and individual regions. Scale of DSR maps: 1:500,000 - 1:200,000.
Seismic Microzonation (CMP, seismic microzoning, microseismorayoning, microseismicity): A method of seismic zoning that evaluates the influence of local (seismotectonic, geological, hydrogeological, geomorphological) features of the geological structure of areas. Scale of CMP maps for area objects: 1:25,000 and larger.
Seismic Microzonation — is the determination of seismicity of an exploration area based on materials refining the initial seismicity and detailed seismic zoning, taking into account local soil conditions from radar satellite imagery.
The study of seismic hazard based on remote sensing materials relies on identifying residual phenomena and deformations of the Earth's crust. Remote sensing materials allow the detection of zones of deep, regional, and local faults with associated seismic dislocations, which are the places of most probable occurrence of strong earthquakes.
The complex of seismic micro-zoning works is carried out to assess the seismic hazard, which takes into account the influence of local ground conditions on the intensity of seismic vibrations on the Earth's surface and determines corrections that reduce or increase the seismicity of the area, set by maps of general or detailed seismic zoning. This type of work is especially important when it comes to particularly dangerous, technically complex or unique objects.
Recently, the importance of remote sensing technologies such as differential radar interferometry has been steadily growing, the use of which in combination with GLONASS/GPS observations allows not only to assess the intensity and direction of terrain shifts on a qualitative, but also on a quantitative level. Many spacecraft (spacecraft) have been launched for radar survey and technical and software tools have been developed that GEO INNOTER uses to perform seismic microdistricting.
The performance of seismic micro-zoning works based on remote sensing radar data is used along with classical geophysical and geochemical methods for engineering surveys for objects in earthquake-prone regions. Remote sensing radar data allows you to identify zones of regional and local faults immediately on significant territories, including those that are difficult to access.
You can order from us
Objectives of Seismic MicrozonationTasks accomplished through seismic microzonation include:
- Exploration of new construction sites;
- Obtaining sufficient and reliable data for selecting the optimal placement of structures;
- Providing project organizations with all necessary information to consider expected seismic ground motion parameters, including displacements along active faults, to ensure the safe operation of enterprises, buildings, structures, pipelines, exploitation of deposits, and the reconstruction, major repair, and restoration of objects, including buildings and structures, in seismically active areas.
For the oil and gas industry, analyzing the relationship between hydrocarbon extraction and subsidence of the earth's surface is also relevant.
Tasks in Processing Radar Data from Satellite Imagery for Seismic Microzonation:
- Selecting archival radar images of initial processing level or ordering new imagery;
- Interferometric data processing, including interpretation and analysis of satellite radar imagery materials to refine the location of tectonic faults zones and detect active tectonic faults in the study area, as well as identify displacements and deformations of the earth's surface and structures that occurred during the observation period;
- Geological interpretation of processing results - identifying potential active fault disruptions and assessing kinematic types and magnitudes of dislocations;
- Constructing maps of ground surface displacements based on satellite radar surveys;
- Identifying negative engineering-geological processes and phenomena in the area, compiling a map of negative engineering-geological processes and phenomena.
Advantages of Using Remote Sensing Data for Seismic Microzonation
One significant advantage of using satellite materials for seismic microzonation is the all-weather capability of radar satellite imaging, combined with the large area covered by a single scene. Additionally, there is an extensive multi-year archive of relevant materials, some of which are available in open access. This allows for the immediate use of accumulated data from several preceding years.
Prices for services
The cost of execution is calculated on an individual basis, taking into account a specific of task.
After receiving the task description, we calculate the cost and send you a commercial offer.
Period of execution
Completion time - at least 30 (thirty) working days and is calculated individually for each customer.
Seismic microzonation completion time depends on:
- the area of the territory of interest;
- the availability of archived remote sensing data and the need for new data acquisition;
- requirements for remote sensing data, scale, and final product;
- requirements specified in the Technical Task.
How to place an order:
STEP №1: Submit an application on the website indicating:
- the location of the object of interest (coordinates, name of the district, region, shapefile, etc.);
- deadline for the delivery of the final materials;
- requirements for the final result / the specific production or management task to be solved;
- requirements for the period of data acquisition;
- requirements for the quality of data acquisition (resolution on the ground, range of data acquisition);
STEP №2: Agreement on technical specifications and cost:
- Used remote sensing data;
- Data representation formats;
- Technical requirements for remote sensing data;
- Additional requirements for output data (if necessary);
- Final cost of the work and deadlines for completion.
STEP №3: Signing the contract and starting the work:
- Duration of at least 30 days from the date of receiving an advance payment in an amount not less than the cost of the initial data + 50% of the cost of the work - payment only by bank transfer. Final payment after the delivery of the materials and signing the certificates of completed work.
Submit the application via e-mail: email@example.com, or contact by phone: +7 495 245-04-24, or use the online chat on the website.
Fill the form and we will contact you within 15 minutes
Stages of service provision
Stage №0 (Before signing the contract)
- Determination of the area for seismic microzonation
- Check for the availability of archived radar and optical remote sensing data, assessment of the need for new data acquisition
- Determination of the timeline for the project
RESULT: Possibility (YES/NO) of providing the service
Stage №1 (Before signing the contract)
- Agreement with the client on the parameters of remote sensing data
- Agreement with the client on additional requirements for remote sensing data
- Agreement with the client on the data format for delivery
- Agreement with the client on the data processing methodology
- Final determination of the required resources and costs for remote sensing data, agreement on the project timeline and cost
RESULT: Signed contract
Stage №2 (Contract execution)
1. Planning and ordering data acquisition. Depending on the size of the area and other information about the object, the selection and ordering of data acquisition type and other necessary data suitable for generating ground displacement maps are done based on the following criteria:
- Availability of initial level SLC (Single Look Complex) data with parallel polarization (VV or HH), i.e., the transmitted and received signals have the same polarization;
- Maximum coverage of the area;
- Optimal timing of data acquisition (snow-free period, nighttime acquisition);
- Availability of interferometric series with at least 12 scenes during the entire snow-free period for the selected area.
2. Analysis and processing of radar remote sensing data
- Interpretation and analysis of radar remote sensing data;
- Performing morphometric and lineament analysis based on radar remote sensing data to identify areas with increased tectonic dislocation, as well as to identify and refine the dislocation of structural tectonic faults on the study area, including hidden faults beneath younger geological formations;
- Ranking the identified fault dislocations, including reliable and hypothetical ones; reliable and hypothetical faults hidden beneath younger geological formations; linear tectonic boundaries of structural-facial subzones;
- Identification of the probable kinematics of fault dislocations. Assessment of their current tectonic activity.
RESULT: The outcome of the work is provided in the form of a detailed technical report
The result of the provision of services
LLC "GEO INNOTER" provides the Client with a technical report containing the results of interferometric processing of data, interpretation, and analysis of radar remote sensing materials with refined locations of tectonic fault zones and identified potential seismic dislocations on the study area. The report also includes identified ground displacement and deformations of the Earth's surface and structures that occurred during the observation period. Additionally, analysis of other necessary parameters required by the Client is conducted, and recommendations are provided regarding further detailed study with the involvement of necessary corresponding technologies. If necessary, conclusions are drawn regarding the establishment of the relationship between the detected changes and specific economic activities.
Requirements for Source Data
Precise coordinates of the area of interest, precise requirements for remote sensing data, and detailed requirements for thematic processing (types of processing required) of the output data formats.
If it is not possible to provide the specified information, information about the intended use of the service results is required, and specialists from "GEO INNOTER" will analyze the needs and propose an optimal solution to the problem.
- территория интереса (местоположение / координаты объекта в любом удобном виде, и площадь объекта);
- конкретная задача, которую нужно решить с применением материалов дистанционного зондирования Земли.
- The site should be determined on the basis of seismic micro-zoning (SMR), which can be performed by specialized engineering and survey institutions.
- In areas for which there is no SMR, it is allowed to determine seismicity based on the seismicity of the area and the results of engineering and geological surveys (IGI).
- If the seismicity of the site is determined by the results of the SMR, then no additional adjustment is required based on the results of the IGI.
- If the site is located on the border of existing SMR maps or on the border of different seismicity, then a special organization that compiles the SMR map should clarify the seismicity of the site.
- Clarification of the seismicity of the construction area should be carried out based on the materials of detailed seismic zoning (DSR) performed by the seismic services of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS).
We guarantee 100% quality of services. By collaborating with GEО Innoter specialists, you eliminate risks and losses!
We guarantee that the work will be carried out in accordance with the set of rules "Building Objects of High Critically Rating. Guidelines of Detailed Seismic Zoning" (The Code of Rules "CONSTRUCTION OBJECTS of increased RESPONSIBILITY". Rules for detailed seismic zoning) as approved and implemented by the Order of the Ministry of Construction and Housing and Communal Services of the Russian Federation dated December 16, 2016, No. 980/pr and effective from June 17, 2017 (SP 286.1325800.2016); and "Detailed Seismic Zoning and Seismic Microzoning for Territorial Planning" (Detailed seismic zoning and seismic micro-zoning for territorial planning), effective from June 27, 2019 (СП 408.1325800.2018).
The presence of qualified personnel with extensive experience working with specialized software allows us to guarantee timely and high-quality execution of the tasks!