Monitoring of surface displacement and deformation is carried out through the implementation of interferometric processing of multi-pass radar images of the same area, acquired with the same technical parameters and imaging geometry.
Radar interferometry allows for the detection of surface displacement and objects located on it with centimeter-level accuracy (for the Earth's surface) and millimeter-level accuracy (for buildings and structures), using spaceborne radar images as input data.
Geodetic monitoring aims to detect deformational changes, determine the causes of their occurrence, and provide forecasts for their future development and changes.
The Purpose of Monitoring Ground Displacements and Structural Deformations
To detect and assess ground displacements above areas of underground mining, map the deformation of quarry walls and benches, or identify deformations of structures, expensive GPS monitoring is not necessary. Radar interferometry allows achieving millimeter-accuracy measurements over large areas, comparable to the precision of GPS monitoring, without the need for costly field infrastructure.
Radar interferometry is indispensable for:
- Timely detection of ground displacements above areas of underground mining;
- Mapping deformations of quarry walls and benches;
- Monitoring natural and man-made displacements and deformations of buildings and structures;
- Monitoring critical industrial facilities, pipelines, roads, railways, and other objects.
You can order from us
Goals and Objectives of Monitoring Ground Displacements and Structural Deformations
Geodetic monitoring. Monitoring the deformation of the Earth's surface using satellite radar data allows for the achievement of the following objectives:
- Monitoring deformation and displacement of the Earth's surface in mineral deposits;
- Observing deformations of structures in urban areas;
- Monitoring critical industrial facilities;
- Pipeline monitoring;
- Monitoring of roads, railways, and other objects.
Fulfilling the requirements of Russian legislation in the field of industrial safety and subsoil protection;
Forecasting the extent of possible deformations of the Earth's surface;
- Identifying the influence of mining operations on vertical and horizontal movements of the Earth's crust.
Prices for services
The cost of execution is calculated on an individual basis, taking into account a specific of task.
After receiving the task description, we calculate the cost and send you a commercial offer.
Period of execution
The completion time of the work is from 20 business days from the date of receiving the advance payment and is calculated individually for each client.
The completion time of the work depends on:
- Total area of the project site;
- Availability of archival satellite imagery, the need for new imaging;
- Requirements for satellite imagery, the final deliverable.
The turnaround time for the service depends on the complexity of the work and is calculated individually for each client.
How to place an order:
Step 1: Submit an application on the website, providing the following:
- Location of the research object (coordinates);
- Dates for the analysis.
Step 2: Agreement on technical specifications and cost:
- Research cost starts from 1,000,000 RUB;
- Satellite imagery is paid separately (one radar image starts from 1000 USD).
Step 3: Contract signing and commencement of work:
- Completion time is 20 business days from the date of receiving the advance payment - payment is accepted only via bank transfer.
Fill the form and we will contact you within 15 minutes
Stages of service provision
Stage 0 (Before contract signing):
- Receiving and validating data from the Client. It is necessary to agree on the task requiring a solution, the size and nature of the area, and the requirements for the production to calculate the cost and timeline of the work.
RESULT: Possibility (YES/NO) of providing the service
Stage 1 (Before contract signing):
- Agreement on technical specifications
- Planning the survey. The optimal survey geometry is calculated, and a sequential series of radar images of the designated monitoring area is acquired. The monitoring period can range from a couple of images (Differential Synthetic Aperture Radar - DInSAR) to several months or even years (Permanent Scatterer Interferometry).
- Final determination of labor and material costs, agreement on timelines and costs
RESULT: Signed contract
Stage 2 (Contract execution):
- Performing the radar survey, preliminary processing, and delivery of remote sensing data from radar satellites to the Client's areas of interest.
- Processing the materials to generate models of vertical and horizontal (east-west direction) displacements of the Earth's surface, as well as objects and structures, using radar differential interferometry on the Client's areas of interest.
- RESULT: Delivery of materials to the Client.
The result of the provision of services
The Client receives a map of ground surface displacements, which visually and numerically displays the displacements of the Earth's surface and structures as of each survey date, accompanied by a technical report. Additionally, displacement maps can be generated for each direction (including horizontal component), along with a technical report.
- Digital models of vertical and horizontal displacements of the Earth's surface, as well as objects and structures, occurring during the period of radar satellite imaging over the Client's areas of interest;
- Results of interferometric processing of radar satellite images to create displacement models of the Earth's surface, objects, and structures during the period of these surveys.
- Proposals for organizing targeted regular radar satellite monitoring of ground surface displacements over the Client's areas of interest, as well as objects and structures, using radar differential interferometry.
Maps are provided in PDF, GeoTIFF, and contour lines (shp format).
Possible uses of the results
- Enhancement and validation of traditional geodynamic and geodetic monitoring technologies;
- Risk monitoring and control of extensive objects (bridges, pipelines, underwater crossings, etc.);
- Calibration of deposit models;
- Control of underground gas storages;
- Ensuring the safety of mineral extraction;
- Assessment of infrastructure stability;
- Evaluation of territories in the design of new objects, including using archival satellite images;
- Monitoring the impact of new construction on existing infrastructure;
- And more.
Requirements for source data
Exact geographical coordinates of the object in the required coordinate system (the specialists of GEO INNOTER will clarify the coordinates provided by the Client in any convenient form).
A set of multi-temporal images (at least 12 depending on the task)
- GIS - QGIS, ArcGIS, etc.
- Processing - ERDAS, ENVI SARscape, SNAP, etc.
On the present day, there is no method that can guarantee the prediction of ground surface collapse. There are criteria for the occurrence of such catastrophes, some of which (such as ground surface displacement rate, its spatial gradient, displacement acceleration) can be assessed using data from spaceborne radar imaging. In combination with other methods (repeated leveling, satellite geodesy, seismic monitoring), radar imaging allows for obtaining comprehensive and systematic information about ground surface displacements, evaluating the mentioned criteria, and spatially identifying hazardous areas.
WarrantyGuaranteed execution of work in accordance with building codes, standards, and regulations, using advanced methodologies and the most up-to-date software.
- Federal Law "On Subsoil" dated February 21, 1992
- Federal Law "On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities" dated July 21, 1997
- "Instructions for the Approval of Measures to Protect Buildings, Structures, and Natural Objects from the Harmful Effects of Mining Operations," RD 07-113-96, State Technical Supervision
- Client's internal regulations and requirements
We guarantee 100% quality of service provision. By collaborating with GEO INNOTER specialists, you eliminate risks and losses.
The presence of qualified personnel experienced in working with specialized software ensures these guarantees!