The aerial and space information use for land use and management. In the modern context the qualitative and reliable information for land-use and territory management tasks solution can be obtained on the base of the ERS data.
The space images are the most effective for the following tasks solution:
- topographic and geodesic underlying base for the cities long-term development master plans, Russian Federation constituent units, municipal districts area planning schemes, amendment;
- division of the functional areas and subzones (public and business, industrial, residential and others, specified by the RF State Cadastre) in the frames of the cities and settlements overall planning basing on the space images interpretation;
- cities and settlements production zones analysis in the frames of the town-planning limiting scheme and land with the special conditions development, allocation of the sanitary protection zones for the different hazard classes fixed with the purpose of the potential risk, to which the population is jeopardized, areas determination;
- new reclamation territories investment requirement and town-plqnning fitness evaluation, in particular, on the base of the decoding on the base of the space images, the negative exogenous processes, such as the erosion, water-logging, etc, character and development degree;
- development of any levels landscape plans based on the space images with the purpose of the city or district natural complex interests protection.
When constructing the complex linearly extended engineer installations which are the gas-main pipelines, unescapably appear the disputable points connected to the crossing of the private premises, license areas, specially protected natural areas, national parks. In many cases the passage of the pipeline routes across these territories is the only possible variant owing to the technological reasons, due to the terrain conditions for example (swampiness, nearness to the electric power lines and population places). In order to minimize the expenses and caused damage they accomplish the adjacent territories comprehensive analysis and select the most optimal passage route, at that they widely use the possibilities of the corporative geoinformational system.
Aerial survey and satellite monitoring are claimed by commercial companies and governmental bodies.