Inventory of land and water bodies solves the following tasks:
- Identification of oil spills within license areas.
- Determination of the location of contaminated land.
- Assessment of the rate of reclamation of sites after oil spills.
- Monitoring compliance with regulations on land reclamation.
- Assessment of the environmental consequences of oil spills.
- Confirmation of successful completion of reclamation activities.
Environmental inventory and certification of land is carried out in accordance with Federal legislation in the field of environmental protection in order to identify contaminated territories, unregistered waste disposal facilities, and land plots that contain waste that negatively affects the natural environment.
Allocation of contaminated land in oil production areas
Current space facilities provide rapid acquisition of ultra-high-resolution multispectral images.
Space survey features:
- Rapid assessment of the scale of anthropogenic impact, including oil spills.
- Assessment of the impact of anthropogenic impact on the ecosystem.
- Minimize field work in hard-to-reach regions with harsh climates, high waterlogging, and poorly developed infrastructure.
- Significantly reduce the time of work due to visibility and speed of data acquisition.
Inventory and certification of land and water bodies is carried out in several stages.
At the first stage, ultra-high-resolution multispectral satellite imagery is performed within the boundaries of license areas, as well as inter-field territory in the actual time period specified by the customer.
Photogrammetric processing of space survey materials includes creating a digital terrain model (DEM), obtaining synthesized images, orthotransforming survey materials, and creating synthesized orthophotomosaics with a binding accuracy corresponding to a scale of 1:5,000.
Example of identifying a territory with different degrees of pollution
The field stage includes sampling, chemical and analytical control, and quantitative chemical analysis. Bottom sediment samples are taken during field surveys of polluted water bodies. Lakes with an area of at least 1 ha are subject to the survey, including those that have lost their connection with the river.
As a result of field work, the following documents are provided: certificates of full-scale survey of contaminated and disturbed land plots or contaminated water bodies; checklists for summarizing and systematizing the results of full-scale site survey and laboratory analysis; passports of oil-contaminated land plots; acts and sampling schemes; protocols of quantitative chemical analysis and maps of contaminated and disturbed land plots or contaminated water bodies.
At the final cameral stage of work, natural and anthropogenic objects are mapped based on the results of image decoding, field survey, laboratory research, and analysis of customer data.
The following layers of classified data are created:
- contaminated land plots — 1 layer, the attribute table of which indicates the types and degree of contamination;
- water bodies contaminated with oil — 1 layer with an attribute table indicating the types of water pollution;
- temporary waste storage sites — 1 layer with an attribute table indicating the types and status (reclaimed or not reclaimed);
- sampling points — 1 layer with the type of sample specified in the attribute table (soil, ground, bottom sediments).
In conclusion, the final analytical report is drawn up, which reflects statistical, analytical and technical information about the work performed and the General register of contaminated and disturbed lands or contaminated water bodies.
Work on inventory and certification of polluted and disturbed lands and water bodies is necessary for oil companies and organizations of the Ministry of natural resources of the Russian Federation to develop plans for reclamation, maintain a stable environmental situation and prevent violations in the field of nature management.
- By means of GEO INNOTER LLC: obtaining and processing satellite images, creating a digital terrain model, orthotransforming survey materials and creating synthesized orthophotomosaics, mapping natural and anthropogenic objects.
- Through local partners: field work, chemical and analytical research.
Advantages of GEO INNOTER LLC:
- Extensive experience in inventory and certification of contaminated and disturbed land and contaminated water bodies.
- High qualification of personnel working with the materials of the Earth remote sensing (ERS).
- Latest software for photogrammetric processing of satellite images.
- The company is included in the list of expert companies of the Ministry of justice of the Russian Federation for analyzing remote sensing materials and conducting expert examinations.
- Own network of experienced local partners.