Urban 2.5D/3D Telecom Models (Digital Maps of Terrain) - this is detailed planning of telecommunication networks in urban areas with dense development, where all objects of urban infrastructure potentially obstructing the propagation of radio waves are displayed.
Regional 2D Telecom Models (Digital Maps of Terrain) - this is the design of telecommunication networks covering large territories.
The composition of Telecom digital terrain models includes:
- Vector 3D/2.5D/2D Model
- Clutter 3D/2.5D/2D Model
- Digital 3D/2.5D/2D Relief Model
- Digital 3D/2.5D Model of Obstacle Heights
- Orthophoto plans;
- Address database
Purposes of Telecom Models
Telecom models (digital maps of terrain) are used for the purposes of planning, optimization, deployment, and operation of cellular radio communication networks and broadband access like Wi-Fi and WiMAX.
Detailed planning of telecommunication networks in urban areas with dense development, displaying all objects of urban infrastructure that potentially obstruct the propagation of radio waves. Providing accurate and cost-effective modeling of obstacle heights over large areas, both in urban and integrated planning processes within and beyond cities.
For regional planning, these models are used for large-scale planning of radio networks and are an ideal option for use in rural areas, at the initial stage of planning, or for nominal planning.
To address the issue of designing 3G/4G/LTE networks outside cities, height values are added to buildings and vegetation features in suburban and rural areas.
For planning new 5G networks and enhancing the 4G telecom industry for all territories from regions to city centers, precise geodata with high resolution are necessary for:
Planning next-generation networks
Line of sight analysis
Traffic flow modeling
- Population distribution modeling
- Infrastructure cost optimization (CAPEX, OPEX),
- Improved communication quality (increased customer base, increased ARPU (Average revenue per user)).
You can order from us
Purposes and Objectives of Creating 3D, 2.5D, 2D Digital Terrain Maps
The purpose of creating 3D, 2.5D, and 2D digital terrain maps is for planning design, telecommunication networks, and accurate obstacle height modeling.
- Spatial analysis of existing networks and the surrounding environment;
- Spatial analysis and modeling in communication network planning;
- Selection of sites with appropriate calculations for cellular antennas, PCS radio ports, fiber nodes, and repeaters;
- Determining the optimal route for cable laying, considering central lines of streets, railways, and various underground communications;
- Determining the optimal location of radio relay lines, considering surface profiles;
- Optical visibility determination from antenna locations;
- Modeling radio wave propagation and analysis of their coverage areas;
- Obtaining geographically referenced measurements of electromagnetic fields (GIS+GPS) and their analysis;
- Radio frequency planning and optimization of GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+, LTE, LTE-Advanced cellular communication networks, and Wi-Fi, WiMAX broadband access;
- Frequency-territorial planning and optimization of DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-H, DAB broadcasting networks;
- Designing digital radio relay lines;
- Supporting the operation and development of TDM/IP/MPLS/Ethernet/IMS communication transport networks, capacity planning for information flows and services, solving analytical tasks to improve efficiency;
- Auditing existing communication network objects.
Advantages of Using Remote Sensing Data
Remote sensing data of very high and high resolution can be obtained more quickly as they may already be available in the operator's archives, and new imaging does not require any approvals from competent authorities. Suitable for creating 2D models (regional models).
Satellite imagery does not require on-site visits, unlike aerial photography and UAV-based imaging.
Aerial photography allows obtaining images with high spatial resolution (up to 1 cm/pixel) and provides a higher level of detail for orthophotoplans and models, achieving a root mean square error (RMSE) of coordinate determination of less than 10 cm, and can be performed below solid cloud cover. Aerial photography is suitable for creating highly accurate CMM and CMR. Suitable for creating 3D and 2.5D models (urban models).
Prices for services
The cost of execution is calculated on an individual basis, taking into account a specific of task.
After receiving the task description, we calculate the cost and send you a commercial offer.
Period of executionCoordination of issues, analysis of the availability of remote sensing data, source map materials, additional and reference data: from 1 to 5 days*
Conclusion of the contract: from 1 to 5 days*
Taking pictures: from 3 to 10 days **
Request, receipt of the original map material in the CGKiPD (if necessary): from 1 to 20 days*
Creation of a PSC: from 5 days*
Decryption and vectorization: from 15 days*
Summary of adjacent sheets, execution of controls: from 5 to 10 days*
Preparation of the report: from 5 to 10 days
TOTAL TERM: from 20 days*
* working days
** from the date of receipt of 100% advance payment for remote sensing materials
The timing of the work depends on the number of square kilometers, the scale and type of products being created, the availability of archival remote sensing materials, additional and reference materials.
How to place an order:
- Step №1: Submit an application on the website with the following information:
- Mapping area (coordinates, name of the region, area, shp-file, etc.);
- Requirements for the telecom models project;
- Requirements for the remote sensing data, availability of source cartographic materials, additional, and reference data;
- Deadline for the project completion.
- Step №2: Agreement on the technical assignment and cost:
- Purchase of remote sensing data, images are paid separately (from $8 to $70 USD per 1 km2 depending on the type of imagery: archive/new, mono/stereo, resolution);
- Agreement on the execution technology and requirements for the produced output.
- Step №3: Signing the contract and starting the work:
The work on creating the Digital Terrain Maps (DTM) for decoding and vectorization begins within 5 working days from the date of receiving 100% advance payment for the remote sensing materials. Payment is accepted only through non-cash transactions. Decoding and vectorization of objects start within 3 days after the beginning of DTM creation.
Fill the form and we will contact you within 15 minutes
Stages of service provision
Stage №0 (Before the contract is signed)
- Determining the purpose of creating a digital terrain model;
- Familiarization with the area of interest;
- Agreeing on the accuracy characteristics of the product;
- Preliminary selection and evaluation of archive remote sensing data to meet the requirements;
- Planning new imagery if necessary;
- Determining the availability of cartographic products from the Customer or from state and private funds for updating or creating telecom models.
RESULT: possibility (YES/NO) of providing the service
Stage №1 (Before the contract is signed)
- Agreeing with the client on the remote sensing data available in the operator's archives or ordering new imagery.
- Determining the work technology and agreeing with the client on the methodology of execution and deadlines.
- Agreeing with the client on the projection, coordinate system, and heights of the created (updated) telecom models.
- Agreeing with the client on the volume of additional data that should be included in the created telecom models.
- Agreeing with the client on the Technical Assignment for the entire scope of work.
- Determining the labor costs, costs for remote sensing materials, additional and reference data, and agreeing on delivery times and the total cost of the work.
RESULT: signed contract
Stage №2 (Contract execution)
- Receiving an advance payment (100% prepayment for the purchase of remote sensing materials).
- Ordering remote sensing materials (performing new imagery), ordering available data from state and private funds, collecting and analyzing additional and reference materials.
- Preparing, agreeing with the Client, and approving editorial and technical instructions for the creation (updating) of 3D/5D/2D models.
- Incoming control of remote sensing materials.
- Creating digital orthophotoplans required for creating (updating) 3D/5D/2D models.
- Decoding orthophotoplans (thematic processing of remote sensing data), vectorization of terrain objects for creating 3D/5D/2D models.
- Performing visual and automated quality control of the created products.
- Exporting the created (updated) project to the required formats, projection, and coordinate system.
- Writing a technical report.
The result of the provision of services
The customer receives 3D/2.5D/2D digital terrain models (Digital Elevation Model, Height Model of Obstacles, Clutter Model, Vector Model, Address Database), orthophotoplans, additional reference materials, and a technical report.
The digital models are fully compatible with the planning tool Mentum Planet, and they can also be provided in formats compatible with programs such as ASSET, ATOLL, Mapinfo, etc. (as per the customer's requirements).
All results are delivered on electronic media or via the Internet through FTP servers, and the textual materials are also duplicated in printed form.
Requirements for Source Data
To perform high-quality preliminary work, the following information must be provided:
- Coordinates of the mapping area (in any convenient form)
- Type of telecom models to be created (updated), format of representation, in which gradation to provide data, projection, coordinate system, and heights
- Availability of source cartographic materials, additional, and reference data
- Availability of coordinate lists of reference points for photogrammetric processing of remote sensing materials
- Requirements for the object composition, thematic information of the created (updated) data project
- The need for the development and approval of Editorial and Technical Instructions for the creation (updating) of data projects
Technical Characteristics of 3D, 2.5D, 2D Telecom Models
|Model Type||Urban Model||Urban Model||Regional Model|
|Plan Accuracy (RMSE, m)|
|Buildings and other distinct contours||3||5||50|
|Contours of vegetation and soils||5||7||70|
|Values for mountainous and desert areas||N/A||N/A||100|
|Height Accuracy (RMSE, m)|
|On rugged, hilly, and sandy territories||1.5||2.5||7|
|In low-mountain and medium-mountain areas||2||3||10|
|In high-mountain territories||N/A||N/A||20|
If there is no possibility to provide the specified information, it is necessary to provide information about the purpose of the project, what types of work are planned to be performed using the project, and the specialists of "GEO "INNOTER" will analyze the information and prepare an optimal offer for creating (updating) the data project.
- the territory of interest (location / coordinates of the object in any convenient form, and the area of the object);
- a specific task that needs to be solved with the use of CMM
- As the main material for creating (updating) the data project, remote sensing materials available in the archives of spacecraft operators for the most current date are used, or a new survey is ordered. High accuracy of all parameters is ensured through the use of stereo pairs of high-resolution satellite images and ultra-high-resolution UAV data or aerial photography.
- When creating (updating) a data project, additional and reference materials are used in the form of various geographical descriptions, maps and atlases of a larger (small) scale, reference books, as well as data available to the Customer.
- Cartographic products available in public and private funds or cartographic products provided by the Customer can be used as updated telecom models.
Data is provided in formats specified by the Customer according to the requirements of the technical assignment and compatible with ASSET, ATOLL, Mapinfo, and other software (as per the customer's requirements).
The recommended software for using CMM is the ONEPLAN solution.
|Clutter Model Parameters|
|Resolution (cell size) - 1 m|
|Planimetric Accuracy (x, y) - 1-3 m|
|Class Name / Class Description|
|1 Open_Area / Open space|
|2 Wood / Forest|
|3 Park / Parks, gardens, and alleys|
|4 Tree / Individual trees|
|5 Habitation / Residential building|
|6 Shack_House / Private sector building and territory|
|7 Industry / Buildings and territory of industrial purpose|
|8 Monument / Monuments, steles, monolithic objects|
|9 Water_Bridge / Bridge over the river|
|10 Road Bridge / Bridge over the road|
|11 Water / Water surface|
|12 Road / Roads|
|13 Railway / Railways|
|14 Rural Buld-Up Area / Quarters of low-rise buildings up to 6m in height|
|15 Urban Buld-Up Area / Urban quarters with dense buildings over 6m in height|
WarrantyWe guarantee 100% quality of services. By cooperating with GEO Innoter specialists, you eliminate risks and losses!
The availability of qualified personnel with extensive experience in working with specialized software makes it possible to guarantee timely and high-quality performance of work!